YOGA, THE DOOR OF NO RETURN
Article by Keith Mitchell. Recognizing how we see ourselves gives us more of an understanding of self-potential.
WAKING UP THROUGH PARALYSIS
Inspired by his own experience on the path of mindfulness and yoga, Keith is on a mission to share the possibility of personal transformation with people who might never have heard the word ‘yoga.’
How To Master Warrior II
The Los Angeles based yogi visited the NYC area to teach mindfulness programs to middle school students at The Urban Assembly School for Global Commerce in Spanish Harlem, part of his continuing work with the Light It Up Foundation.
Looking strong and powerful in Warrior II, it is evident here that this pose in particular is an authentic one for Mitchell.
A LOWER BACK YOGA SEQUENCE FROM A FORMER NFL LINEBACKER
When Keith Mitchell, the former NFL linebacker turned yogi stopped by Yoga Shanti in Manhattan recently, he showed us a few moves to help create space in the lower back.
He teaches yoga postures with emphasis on the lumbar spine to current and retired NFL players for pain relief and injury prevention, as part of his mission to help heal the NFL.
Other articles available online:
- The Shift Network: Healing through Yoga
- Aloha Magazine: This is my Home
- Mantra Magazine: Yoga, The Door of No Return
- TMZ: I am a Yoga-holic after paralyzing tackle
- Origin Magazine: Interview with former NFL Pro Football Player, Keith Mitchell
- Fox News (Health): Former NFL Linebacker Turned Yoga Teacher works with veterans and children.
- People:Former NFL Linebacker Keith Mitchell Once Paralyzed on the Field Becomes a Yogi: ‘It Changed My Life Forever’
- YOGA JOURNAL: Former NFL Linebacker Keith Mitchell’s Mindfulness Mission
- MEN’S JOURNAL: How Yoga is Saving the Bodies and Minds of NFL Players
- Sports Illustrated:How Former Saints LB Keith Mitchell Found His Old Self in Mindful Living
- USA TODAY (2014 ) A Pro Linebacker is now an internationally renowned Yoga Teacher